- Former student at Hershey High School, PA
- Pro to the question "Should Students Have to Wear School Uniforms?"
“Contrary to popular belief, uniforms do not stop students from being themselves. Uniforms do not silence voices. Students can wear a variety of expressive items, such as buttons or jewelry…
Also, uniforms are more practical than regular clothes… Students who wear uniforms during the week do not need a lot of leisure clothes, which can lower clothing costs.
It is also worth noting that uniforms do not have to be expensive, they can simply be particular pants and sweaters. If low-income families still cannot afford uniforms, there are many ways to help them.
Districts, school parents, graduates as well as community and business leaders have worked together to donate or finance uniforms…
Yet another benefit of uniforms is that they teach students to dress according to guidelines. Some believe that uniforms do not prepare students for the real world in which people wear whatever they want. However, most workplaces have uniforms or dress codes.
Also, uniforms increase student safety. They prevent thefts because no one’s clothes are more valuable. Moreover, intruders can be easily sighted. It is easier for field-trip chaperones to know for which students they are responsible.”
“The Case for High School Uniforms,” PennLive.com, May 31, 2009
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Analyst, Marketing Effectiveness and Digital Measurement, Macy’s, July 2014 – present
- Strategic Planning Intern, The Axis Agency, Jan. 2014-Apr. 2014
- Intern, CISCRP (Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation), Sep. 2013-Dec. 2013
- House Usher, ArtsEmerson: The World On Stage, Feb. 2013-Dec. 2013
- Camp Counselor, AmeriCorps, June 2013-July 2013
- SEO/Web Content Assistant, Emerson College, Jan. 2013-May 2013
- Digital Strategy Intern, Arnold Worldwide, Sep. 2012-Dec. 2012
- Social Strategy Intern, Publicis, June 2012-Aug. 2012
- Founder and President, She’s the First, July 2011-May 2012
- Communications and Development Intern, Peace First, Oct. 2011-Dec. 2011
- Marketing Team Member, EMcomm, Sep. 2010-Dec. 2011
- Intern, McCann Erickson Ecuador, June 2011-July 2011
- Street Team Student Ambassador, Boston Ballet, Jan. 2011-May 2011
- Artist, Kaman’s Art Shoppes, Inc, Apr. 2010-Sep. 2010
- Intern and Davenport Fellow in opinion writing, Patriot-News (Mechanicsburg, PA), Sep. 2009-Dec. 2009
- BS, Marketing Communication, Emerson College, 2014
- Attended Hershey High School (Hershey, PA)
- Also known as Amelia Jimenez Salazar
- Inducted into the Gold Key Honor Society, Emerson College, Apr. 2013
- Recipient, Jennifer Stowers Quintal Visionary Award for Distinction in Community Service and Social Advocacy, Emerson College, Apr. 2013
- Recipient, New York Women in Communications Foundation Scholarship
- Twitter handle: @amelia_jimenez
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Students Have to Wear School Uniforms?