- Deputy Head Master at Harrow School (UK)
- Pro to the question "Should Students Have to Wear School Uniforms?"
“Harrows distinctive uniform is not simply an exercise in conformity, but a connection to the rich history of the school and a symbol of its distinguished community…
These elements make boys feel that they belong to something bigger than themselves. The simple act of putting on a uniform makes every day an occasion, and indicates a readiness for the day ahead…
But boys at Harrow do not wear uniform simply for the sake of tradition, to feel they belong, or even to prepare them mentally to study. Like so many things at Harrow, our uniform is a great leveller. No two Harrovians are the same: some live in London, others much further afield in the UK or overseas; a number come from established Harrow families, others have no experience of public schooling; many excel in sport or the arts, while others are incredibly strong academically.
Whatever they bring to the Hill, they all come together on equal footing, to be identified and judged by their character and contribution alone.”
Telegraph, “Should We Get Rid of School Uniform?,” telegraph.co.uk, Mar. 9, 2016
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
IIndividuals with PhDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the study of education. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the study of education.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Deputy Head Master, Harrow School (UK)
- Governor, Caldicott Preparatory School (UK)
- Inspector, Independent Schools Inspectorate
- Fellow, Royal Geographical Society
- Certified Geographer
- Former Surmaster, Harrow School
- Former House Master, Lyons, Harrow School
- Former Assistant House Master, Rendalls, Harrow School
- Former Head of Geography, Harrow School
- Former Resident Tutor, Druries, Harrow School
- Faculty, Geography Department, Harrow School, 2000
- Former Managing Director, Christians in Sport
- PGCE (Postgraduate Certification in Education), Oxford University
- BA, Geography, Downing College, Cambridge University (UK)
- None found
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Students Have to Wear School Uniforms?