- Chairman of the South Carolina Federation of Teenage Republicans
- Con to the question "Should Students Have to Wear School Uniforms?"
“Rather than promote an orderly and disciplined student environment, mandatory uniforms would cause massive student disobedience and take away valuable instruction time. If one or two students wear something inappropriate, administration will handle it. The student in question will change, be disciplined, and return to class without disrupting the school day. [South Carolina] Rep. McKnight’s [mandatory uniform] policy would trigger massive backlash from students, and would cost countless hours of classroom instruction. Public schools already have dress codes which ban provocative, revealing, gang-affiliated, and hateful clothing, which addresses Rep. McKnight’s concerns in introducing the bill.
Second, the bill would not mask income disparities, it would showcase them. The bill says that it would provide funding for at least five uniforms for a student who cannot afford one, depending on the availability of funding.
What happens when this funding is not available anymore? And why would this be the best use of money on the school system? Wouldn’t it be better to fix the crippling inequality of schools along the I-95 corridor? Or invest in vocational training for our students? Rather than attempting to disguise poverty, shouldn’t we attempt to solve it and help these students and their families rise out of poverty?”
“Will Galloway: Just Say No to School Uniforms,” fitsnews.com, Jan. 5, 2017
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Chairman, South Carolina Federation of Teenage Republicans, Jan. 2017-present
- Founder, Constitutional Viewpoint Blog, 2013-present
- Vice Chairman, South Carolina Federation of Teenage Republicans, 2016
- Recipient, Republican of the Month, South Carolina Republican Party, June 2016
- South Carolina High School Outreach Director, Rick Santorum’s US presidential campaign, 2015
- Intern, Det Bowers’ US senate campaign, 2014
- Cart Boy, Columbia Country Club
- Graduate candidate, Blythewood High School (expected graduation year 2018)
- Attended St. John Neumann Catholic School
- Twitter handle: @WillGalloway_
- Plays golf and acoustic guitar
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Students Have to Wear School Uniforms?